Monday, December 19, 2011

recap

Let's catch you up, shall we? After an abysmal first quarter, my 2011 shaped up quite nicely actually.

January, February and March: fuck 'em. Bad, sad times. BUT the one silver lining was that I discovered that I, L.H., liked being in love. Loved, actually. LOVED being in love. Until it ended, obviously. But enough about that.

April and May were wound-licking months, and part of healing is finding some adorable sap to build you up right? Enter, J. I rekindled the friendship with him, although it took an awful lot of apologies and sucking up on my end. He was still pissed off about my first quarter too (the one where I told J I didn't want a relationship and immediately entered into one with M. oops. I would probably have been pissed too..). Anyway..amends were made and we started hanging out again. Then we started hanging out some more. One drunken evening in May, we ahem... took it to the next level. Fast forward..

June, July, August: Fun in the sun! Went on a couple of trips, had way too many drinks and laughs, enjoyed being a "couple" despite my original hesitations.

September: Boyfriend threw me birthday party, invited my friends, made all of my favorite dishes, and even cleaned up after. THEN whisked me away to the spa for an overnight complete with couples' massage, dinner, champagne in the room, a horrific amount of sex, AND presents! He could possibly be the best boyfriend ever.

October, November, December: Fall is my favorite. Scary movies, chill in the air, leaves, red wine. All of my favorites. And the perfect season when you have someone to snuggle up with. J has been great. Amazing. Looking forward to Christmas for the first time in many years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment