Friday, December 17, 2010

New Guy!!! We'll call him Watertown. Because that's where he's from. Which is 2.5 hours away from where I am. INSANITY. He asked me out two years ago when I was freshly traumatized from the last huge mistake, I mean relationship, and I had the feeling he was a "relationships guy" so I turned him down. We've always remained friendly, but in October things took a flirtatious turn and now wham bam, love. We went to Beale Street on South last night for our first official date, then back to my place for some movie time (aka makeout).

The Good:
Kid is crazy, stupid sweet to me. When I expressed concern about the distance between us he said not to worry, that he will always come here whenever I want to see him.
He's from Alabama originally so he has that sexxxy Southern accent, which I thought would be annoying bc frankly I think that accent sounds...unintelligent... but he's lost enough of it that it just pops out a little in some of his words and is the cutest damn thing ON THE PLANET.
He's crazy about me. CRAZY about me. Like, went and got a haircut and bought new shoes for the date kind of crazy. When he asked me out last week I told him it would have to wait 'til this week bc I was going out of town and he said, "I've waited 2 years for the chance to take you out, another week is nothing." seriously?! Who is that adorable?
He paid for dinner. $100. Bam. Like it was nothing. Oh and did I tell you homeboy has money? Great job (which he can do anywhere), company car, sharp dresser..woof.
He's shy. His nerves definitely were showing at dinner. He sucked down three drinks and still had shaky hands. When we went to my house I gave him a solid 4 opportunities to kiss me before he worked up the nerve. When he did finally put those kisses on me, the hands and the mouth did not stop. He was behind me, under me, over me, kissin my knees, my tummy, my arms.. anywhere I would let him.
After making out for 3 hours (yes, that's right THREE HOURS), I finally relented and let him ahem...kiss everywhere he wanted to. An HOUR LATER, no lie, he finally took a pause and I pushed him away. Seriously. Had to push him away. I think I'm in love.

The Bad:
Besides the fact that he lives 2.5 hours away? (which technically could also be a good thing... since I don't like to be smothered by someone always around me...)
He has two kids with his ex-wife. They are 8 and 10. I never ever ever ever ever date someone with kids. Ever. The drama. The sharing of him with them. I don't wanna be a mama to my own kids and I for damn sure don't wanna play mama to some other woman's.
He's a pro-lifer and he loves Walmart. One of these is obviously more problematic than the other.

The Ugly:
None. Kid is amazing. The ugly part is that I'm crazy about him and again stand the chance of getting my heart stomped and beaten to a pulp. But what a fun ride :) YAY LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. yo. kids are gross. and so is wal mart.

    i like him already!

    ReplyDelete