Tuesday, August 4, 2009

and....i'm over it

I'm reminded of this great line from one of my favorite movies, Closer. The Julia Roberts character says to Jude Law character, "Love bores you" and he says, "No, it disappoints me."

Last weekend I was planning a rendezvouz with my cute little pseudo-boyfriend when he texted me that he has a migraine and was going to try to sleep it off but that I should "make other plans". Ouchie. But whatever, I shook it off and decided on drinks and shopping with my best girlfriend. He texted me a little bit later, "Free Tonight!!" ummmmmmmmmmm WTF??? Did he text me accidentally and that message was meant for someone else for whom he was blowing me off?? So I text him back, WTF?? and he says, sorry. bad joke.
And I'm officially livid. What the hell does that mean? And who the hell does he think he is, standing me up?? Four glasses of wine and some sage bff advice later I was officially over it. The part that really aggravates me is that I was downright giddy! For the first time in a LONG time I was googley-eyed over this silly sweet guy and he blew it. Like they always goddamn do because they're idiots.
We talked the next day and he said he was just joshin me because I have so many others waiting in line behind him; he thought he was being funny but realized it came out wrong. Whatever. Don't even know if I believe anything any of them say.
Then he started this whiny bullshit because I invited him to a party at my friends'. He wanted to read more into why I wanted him to come with me. Was I "showing" him off to my friends? What if he didn't like my friends? Ay dios mio. Then he informs me that although he doesn't like the idea of me being with other guys, he understands if I want to bring someone else with me to the party so that I don't have to go without a date. WHAT???? So I told him, I'm not sure what kind of girls he's been with but I'm prefectly capable of being alone, doing things alone, going out alone, etc.... Is this the curse of dating younger men?

*****update*****
was texting little cutie pie last night and he complained about us being too far apart. to give you some perspective, he lives with his parents in Pittsford. which is 10 minutes from my house. literally 10 mins. idk about this kid....

1 comment: