I got a friend reqeust on facebook a couple weeks ago from a very nice looking guy that's a mutual friend. We exchanged some flirty emails and texts, arranged a couple of times to get together but it never really panned out. I sent a last minute message to him the other day asking if he'd like to grab a beer after work and we met up at the Old Toad around 5:30.
He was wearing an extremely faded orange tshirt, nice jeans, but FUGLY shoes. :P blech. Not just unattractive shoes, but they were beat down, dingy looking - waiter shoes. Oh did I mention he's a waiter at Cheesecake Factory? Yeah... In addition to being some sort of "pre-production film maker/actor/producer/screenwriter". Whatever.
We sit in a booth facing eachother and he immediately turns out to sit lengthwise so he can stare out at the restaurant, out the window, really anywhere but at me. RUDE. We order drinks and food, make some awkward small talk and it dawns on me - he says "so" after every sentence. Every sentence. "I lived in Seville and Grenada when I studied abroad so..." "I lived in LA for about 4 years so..." "I can transfer to another restaurant after six months so...".
You may have noticed that he starts every sentence with "I". Yeah.... it's ALL ABOUT HIM. And quite frankly, that's not gonna work for me. He interrupted me, talked over top of me, turned everything I said into an opportunity to talk about himself... one of my biggest pet peeves of all time is when people interrupt me.
He also looks NOTHING like his picture. For a minute I thought I was on one of those TV shows where they set up online daters by switching the person to see if they notice or say anything. He's about 30lbs heavier and 10 years older than his picture portrays. Not attractive.
AND as a kicker!!! HE LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS!!!!!!!!! He's 32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS There will be no second date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment