Monday, April 5, 2010

Put your foulest features on display- be the king of topsy turvy day.

Hose22 Bar
04/03/2010
Quasimoto - set up by a "friend" via facebook

Perhaps I had romanticized dating someone ugly - I would not want to consider myself shallow and while I do not always go for the best looking guys there is always some basis for attraction.. usually the guy can make me laugh, or is rich... hahaa Look at beauty and the beast, the hunchback of notre dame - ugly exteriors masked the inner attractive qualities. In that vein I accepted a date that was set up by a friend of mine after a co-worker of his saw me on facebook. I checked him out of course beforehand and was not thrilled with the physical but after some decent conversation and pleading on his part, I relented and agreed to meet him for a date.
He at least gets props for picking a super cool place - this firestation down in Charlotte that was converted into a bar. Lots of character, great draught beers and yummy food. Plus it was such a nice day out for it!

We met up around 7pm. Instant assessment of whether or not I'd let him hit it? NOPE. No dice. Not cute. I probably should've walked away then... but since I'd gotten all prettied up, we headed to the bar. He ordered a Labatt blue light. In the bottle. I ordered a proper beer - Rohrbach's Scotch Ale, tall draught. He paid.
He took the first sip of beer and a huge wad of spit dropped off his lip when he pulled it away from his mouth. I seriously had to hold back a wretch. I sound mean, I know.

Awkward conversation all through dinner because he has this tiny little mouth - I seriously do think he is a tad deformed- and he mumbles when he speaks. The entire night I was saying eh? Pardon? what was that? and he took forever to eat anything with that little baby mouth AND he nursed his beer. I had two and was feeling a little tipsy so we went to the downstairs bar after dinner to free up our table and get waters. But he ordered another beer. Half an hour later he finally finished it and walked me to my car. Hug goodnight and I was outta there. Poor Quasi :( I feel bad, I do... i shouldn't have agreed on the date. Now what do i do? Avoid his texts, thank him for the dinner and offer to hang out again as "friends" to make his chances known? ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment