Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zebbs
03/31/2010
Brian – a hockey player from pof

This guy Brian and I have been talking intermittently for probably the last 8 months or so. He’s asked me out a few times but we’ve never really been able to meet up. We finally both had a free night and decided to go for drinks this week. We’ve always exchanged flirty texts and I actually had been dating his roommate (also a hockey player) briefly last year.

I get to the bar first but he was on his way so no worries. I order a beer and wait a few minutes for him. He comes in all cocky, walks up and stands next to me. I’m like, “ummm did you want to sit down? Get a drink?” He’s hungry, he wants a table. Ok…. So I close out my tab (he doesn’t pay for my beer grrrrr) and we head over to get a table. We sit across from each other and I’m checkin him out. The guy is CUUUUUUUUUUTE. Tall, dark, handsome and confident. It lures me in every time. He’s also a dick and I get the vibe that he’s not really into me. We talk, order food (he doesn’t drink!!!???), and after about an hour I’m dying to hit the bricks because I just feel like we’re not clicking and the situation is annoying me. He walks me almost all the way to my car, gives me a hug goodbye and we part ways. He did pay for dinner so I thanked him of course. I get home and I’m getting ready for bed when

he texts me:
It was really nice to meet you finally, we should do it again soon. But next time I won’t be on my best behavior and you’re getting more than a hug goodbye.

Huh???? So I text him back “it was nice meeting you too. I’m confused though, I really didn’t think you liked me… at all” So he texts back that it wasn’t the case, he was tired from being on the ice for three hours and he was trying to behave like a gentleman, sorry to give off a vibe that he wasn’t into me, etc etc.
I will never understand men. I do have an inkling that this one is trouble though and I’ll be keeping him at arm’s length.

1 comment:

  1. tall, dark & handsome, mmmm ;) they're all dangerous!

    ReplyDelete