Hose22 Restaurant/Bar
04/07
New guy from POF
Ok so I met up with a new guy last night at the bar. He got there a couple of minutes before me and we convened in the parking lot, walked in together. I made reservations and picked the place (and it’s a good thing because even though it was pouring and a Wednesday night the place was bumping and there was a LONG wait for a table). First impression (would I bang him?) is a solid 50/50 shot. He’s cute but not crazy handsome… the height is eh… he’s 5’8” so if I have heels on (which I ALWAYS do) I’m taller than him. I can work with it though I prefer taller men.
We got right in, led to a table immediately and ordered beers (I got the rohrbach scotch ale and he ordered the same based on my recommendation). We talked for a bit, perused the menu – good rapport… he’s 33 has his own house in Irondequoit (his mortgage is $1100 and he lives near the high school), he’s some kind of HR manager for a small business in penfield, never married, no kids… Italian and German….
The service at the restaurant was a little sporadic. When the server took our order it was already time for another round and then it took awhile for the food to come. The second beers were brought over by the night manager who explained that the kitchen was backed up (the server came by after and said they had lost the ticket and apologized profusely), the manager comped our second drink and also apologized profusely. No issue. We had beers and good banter so we were happy. And I really liked that he didn’t get all douchey about the service – says a lot about a guy that treats waitstaff well I think… we both got burgers and they were excellent. More talk and banter, we finished eating and went to the bar for a third beer for him and a water for me. That third beer turned him a little cheeky and he kept making little comments about me being a heartbreaker and how he’s in trouble, etc etc how hot I am, he loved my sundress and shoes, yadda yadda. He got up and went to the bathroom and when he came back I was talking to the bartender who had been hitting on me so that was a tad awkward…. But we left soon after and he walked me to the car, a kiss goodnight and we parted ways.
He texted me about a half hour later that he had a great time and wants to see me again soon, I’m a firecracker, etc etc. so…. We’ll see. I would see him again. I like him so far. :D overall a good first date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gotta be nice to the waitstaff... ;-)
ReplyDeletealways ;)
ReplyDelete