Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Frog at the Old Toad.

OLD TOAD Pub and Restaurant
10/11/2010

Steve (guy from Cupid)

After a few days of playful conversation online with a new prospect, I decided to allow him to take me out for a drink last night.

The Skinny:
He's 33, lives off Monroe Ave near the Bug Jar (bit dicey...) in a townhouse, and works overnight for Hillside (troubled, badass childrens' center). We match on Cupid 89% based on questions that we answered similarly.

The Good:
-I drove to his place and we walked the 6 blocks to the bar. It was a perfect fall evening with good conversation along the way and he brought an umbrella.
-He paid the bill; my two beers, his beer and a maple bourbon creme brulee that he ordered with 2 spoons. ;)
-We stayed for Trivia Night and he knew quite a few of the answers.
-For whatever reason, we got on topic of past relationships a couple of times. I appreciate that he shared some pretty intense stuff on a first date.

The Bad:
-I got an impression that he may be a bit pervy and was almost going to flake out on the date. He pretty much kept it in check but definitely made some sophomoric jokes and was a little ogley of my lady lumps, which I find obnoxious.
-He's a bit skinny for me. I like a little cushion for my pushin'.
-He drinks gay beer. Raspberry Framboise Ale. His beer was pink for chrissakes. And when I asked him what wine he prefers he said "sweet". UGH. WE are not drinking compatible.
-He doesn't text. Seriously. Does this mean he doesn't like texting? He's too cheap to pay for a plan? IDK but this is clearly a problem for communicating as I despise talking on the phone. (Sidenote: I HATE voicemail. He called me twice to confirm our date and left me a voicemail that was an insanely perfect blend of humor, teasing and salutation!! Very cute.)
-Walking back after the bar I was freezing and had to pee. He let me into his place and had to go "tidy" the bathroom before he let me use it. His place is a typical bachelor pad. MESSY. :P

The Ugly:
HE.TALKS.IN.BABY.TALK.TO.HIS.DOG.


Jury's out. I had a good enough time that I would see him again if he asks, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he doesn't. Good enough for a Monday night date.

UPDATE: Got a message from this guy 4 days later- "So whats happening hotstuff? Up for another trivia time?"
Call me neurotic, but I like it when the guy texts me the day after a date to let me know he had a good time and ask to see me again. 4 days later? Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment