03/05/2010 Salena’s Mexican Restaurant, Facebook Set-Up
The other day I received an email message from a great gf of mine mentioning that a friend of hers saw my picture on facebook and wants to meet me, would I be interested?
I checked out his pics, friend requested him and we set up a drinks/dinner thing for Friday night for the four of us (me, him, my friend and her husband) I had to go home after work to let the bebes out and change so I was planning on arriving fashionably late. I get there about 15 minutes late and am the first one there. Strike one. I’m sitting alone at the bar waiting. I get a table and they arrive maybe 15 minutes later. We order drinks, sit through several awkward attempts at conversation and eat our food. He keeps suggesting other places to go after and I keep planning my escape. The bill comes and it’s split among the three of us – not even an offer to pay. Strike two. Fucking $60 dollars I was NOT planning on spending later… we’re on our way for coffee and dessert at Spot. More awkward conversation, more of me checking the time and wanting to get home, get out of my work clothes and into a cold frosty beer on my couch.
Back at my car he says, “I had a really great time and I would love to get to know you better. Let’s do this again soon?”
I’m not even home and he’s texting me. UGH.
Maybe I’ve been on too many dates and that may have made me a tad bitter. Here’s the thing:
a) When you seek out a girl, ask her friend to set you up and ask her to meet you out for drinks and dinner YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO PAY!!!! Your ass is 38 years old and you don’t know that?!
b) Unless you are a doctor or your mother is on her deathbed you do NOT answer your phone on a date. Seriously.
c) DON’T BE LATE. I would think this would be a no-brainer but apparently not so much…
d) Comments about your ex being a psycho, grumpy, passive aggressive, controlling, etc. are generally not appropriate. Let’s keep those to ourselves, shall we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yeah, not okay. Simple as that. Your points should be written on every bathroom stall door in every mens bathroom if that's what it takes to get those across to these jackasses!
ReplyDelete