Wednesday, October 6, 2010

when you turn over new leaves, you just find old worms.

My prospects seem to have dried up on the old POF - all I'm seeing are faces of guys I've either dated and dismissed already, or guys I have no interest in. I decided to check out OKCupid after a friend recommended it so I created a profile a few days ago. Being that I'm new meat on the market I've gotten plenty of responses already:

HIM: 10/13/2010 3:30pm Hi. Looking for intelligent conversation and general hell-raising near Rochester. Let me know if you're interested.

ME : 10/13/2010 4:30pm I was looking at your profile and trying to guage whether we are a good match or not by comparing our favorite books/music/food/movies... unfortunately you neglected to answer those questions! How will I know if my collection of vampirotica matches up to your reading choices? Or if you watch Japanese Anime movies compulsively while cooking horrific-smelling curry dishes like I do?? Luckily Cupid has done some homework and determined that we match a whopping 90%! How is it possible that destiny has not brought us together sooner?

HIM: 10/14/2010 8:30pm I've always been more partial to Taiwanese Anime. It is like Japanese but with fewer tentacles. But I am with you on the horror stuff. The old slasher films still amuse me. Here's my deal... I got a new job with a company based by Rochester and will be there in about 10 days. Let me know if you would be up for getting a drink or something.

ME: 10/15/2010 8:51am hmmm so you're not actually in Rochester. Starting relationships based on lies...






hi
Oct. 5, 2010 – 12:45pm heyy! Im Dan. I love ur pics. Very sexy. And ur profile seems fun as well. Where around rochester are you from. Im from Irondequoit. Well let me know if you wanna get to know me better

ME: haha did you even look at my profile? I have one picture, my profile is incomplete and I state that I don't like kids.

him: just figured id get a response. Oh And everyone likes my kid!

ME: I don't.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO...yeah I will be checking this daily! you kill me!

    ReplyDelete